Friday, March 2, 2012

Philippine Azkals vs Malaysia Tigers



Jason Sabio and Phil Younghusband

One of the best things about being able to attend press conferences (well, besides meeting the players J) is meeting and talking to the media especially the photographers. I just started getting into photography for less than a year now and being able to talk to the professionals really makes me want to learn more and maybe be like them in the future. Maybe J

I never really thought of going into media or even simply photography. I already had a specific idea on what I want to do in the future – to take up architecture in UP and at the same time teach children. I enjoy studying architecture and being around with kids but when I first experienced how it is to be part of this kind of events, probably I can add this in my list of goals.

Neil Etheridge

Denis Wolf

I don’t know if I can even get a chance to experience this in my other subjects, probably not. Thanks sir for giving us a chance like this which I hope will not be the last! (Hehehe! J)

I felt more comfortable this time in talking to the media men. Minsan feeling close na nga ako eh K Anyway… There were definitely more people now compared to the Kia Rio Cup last January. It did not really matter during the press conference but handling them during the game itself is quite chaotic.

We were asked to give out the bibs for the photographers. We had to make sure that they surrender a valid I.D. in exchange for the bib. The media protocol is stricter now. Sobrang nakakatakot magkamali (example, hindi nagsuot ng bib) kasi palalabasin ka immediately. Nevertheless, I think no one was sent out. The photographers followed the instructions to them.

Rick Olivares, Aimee Nepomuceno, Kring Lacson, Icko de Guzman, JP Manahan
Migo Salvador, Me, Arlet Coronado

Aimee, Icko, Kring
Migo, Me, Arlet

Aimee, Brosi Gonzales, Migo
Me, Arlet, Kring, Rick Olivares

Yes, there are a number of perks being in the media room: you get to talk and bond with the media men constantly updating their Twitter pages about the game. I was able to personally meet Mr. Anton Sheker, a photographer. I actually sent a message to him before about his camera and what lenses he uses during football games. I introduced myself then we talked about his cameras. He is a really nice guy! Thank you for the information sir! Hehe J I was also able to talk to Mr. Ken Koo, another photographer. I have seen his photos from the UAAP volleyball and Azkals’ games. WHAT.AN.EXPERIENCE. I felt like I had a free photography class in less than 8 hours. Haha. And I was able to meet Sir Francis Respicio, JP Manahan, Icko de Guzman and Roy Afable again (sana hindi pa ito ang huli J). I am more than willing to do this again Sir! :)



Sir Rick, sorry for being too makulit the whole time :| Hehehe :)


-- Meg Rementina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment