Saturday, December 10, 2011

It just speaks to me..'ya know? By Miguel Salvador


Who in their right mind could ever forget this band? I may be being biased but their music was awesome and up until now, i listen to them with so much focus people would think i was taking a crap on the spot. This album of theirs, Camino Palmero, has been one of the first albums i ever memorized. I used to listen to it all day and all night. I even still remembered how i would bring my CD player EVERYWHERE when it first came out just so i could listen to their songs.

The first and most popular song that i heard from the band was "wherever you will go". To me as a kid, it was my ideal characteristic if i was going to be a suitor for someone. It spoke of how loyal, dedicated, and in love the person was to that special someone. It tapped on the cliche-ic "i would move mountains for my love" sort of thing. But what made it interesting was that it wasnt played with a slow song but with a fast paced melody that showed conviction to what the song was saying.

Their other song that touched me even till this day is "Adrienne". I love this song so much because its so angsty and that the song was about the after effects of a break up from an unappreciative user-friendly girlfriend. Weirdly enough, this scenario happened to me before that's why this song became one of the closest songs to my heart. I could relate to the pain and at the same time i was empowered. It told me that everything would be okay and that in the end, deep down, i know i lost someone for my greater good. A line from the song that always gave me goosebumps was, "Coz i know your gonna end up all alone.." Thinking about it gives me chills and make me add some reminiscing to the experience, total bliss of happiness! It might be mean of me to think badly of the person i broke up with but let us all be honest, we want to win in a break up! And that is what this song makes you feel.

Take it from me who has been listening to their album since 2001 till today, that their music really has some truth to it. It showed the realities of love. If you are like me who really loves music that speaks as if it's talking about your life, i guarantee that their songs are very diverse that im sure one of them would hit you like a boulder.

Now if you may excuse me, talking about this album makes me want to listen to it again. Try it out too and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment