Thursday, January 19, 2012

Food Food FOOOOOD!!! By Miguel Salvador



Fancylog
This has got to be the best sandwich ever!! But biases aside, I am really proud that my group was able to think of such a tasteful, classy but also simple sandwich! The mix between French and Filipino twist was such a good idea that I am so proud to be part of this group. From how it turned out last Tuesday, it seems that the creative juices and the love for food of my group has paid off! Im still sad though that I wasn't able to be there on time to host for my group. I really wanted to introduce my group's sandwich because from how it was planned, it really sounded amazing already. NEXT TIME, I will introduce something like this again and I WONT MISS IT! Plus, it was all about food! My group really loves food! Maybe thats why we had a knack for this! Haha!

Fili(pino) Cheese Steak!
I loved how they introduced themselves. I have always been a fan of cheese and the name of their sandwich really drew me in! But alas, i wasnt able to taste it because i was dieting and eating every single sandwich would make me feel too guilty to ever eat again. Another reason why i liked their sandwich was because it really made use of everyday Filipino ingredients. It really reminded me of everyday breakfast when i would be in a rush to go to school and just grab the nearest pandesal on the table and stuff it with every ulam i could see on the table. Now that i think about it, its an on the go sandwich! Great for students and those working!

Breakfast Club
Diet or no diet, there was one ingredient this group used that made me forget the diet and just dug in! But, i was kind of hesitant because they said that their other ingredient was avocado. I have never really tried mixing fruits with my bacon. I thought that it would tarnish the oh so juicy, scrumptious, mouth watering..ehem.. (did i mention i love bacon?) bacon. But actually, it was good! My only say for the matter is the mashed avocado could have used a bit more of seasoning to make the avocado taste show. The bacon overpowered it too much in my opinion. Or maybe my brain was still focused on the bacon! Teehee :)

Red Light District
This was second to the most hilarious group ever. The way they presented their sandwich was really entertaining. One of the reasons why i did go and try their sandwich was because of the way they presented their sandwich. The other reason why i wanted to try their sandwich out was because their sandwich was CRAZY. Its bun was a Krispy Kreme Donut!! In my head the clash of the sweetness and saltyness would destroy their sandwich. But, alas, i had to taste it and all my judgments towards the sandwich vanished. After a minute of scrunching my face because of the weird sensation in my mouth, i later realized, my mouth was liking it. Good job and yum yum!

Nacocoloco Sandwich
This for me sounded the most filipino for me because it made use of coconuts. Okay, maybe that didn't make sense but in my head, coconut is a word i sometimes automatically associate with our country. Plus the mix of ham, lettuce and cheese made it very yummy. But, to be honest, the taste of the coconut jam they used didnt shine on the bite i had so i really didnt see any difference on the sandwich. But i guess i would still have liked it. ITS FOOD! NYOM NYOM NYOM!

The Buff Dude Sandwich
I found this one really interesting. It was so meaty and so... BUFF! It had spam, bacon, and burger! All my favorites. I was kind of iffy towards the mustard, peanut butter and ketchup, but hey! everything turned out well and it was meatylicious! My only real problem with this sandwich was the fact that it was kind of salty galore and not healhy. Sadly i didnt taste it because i was really full at this time. Plus my diet.. :((

Chef Ed's Sandwich
THIS IS PURE AWESOME-NESS. He did it less than 3 min and it was so amazing. The crabstick mayo, wasabi, mixture was so great when it was mixed with the dilis. After the chef made it, i really felt bad about all our work because it was so good to look at! Though i have been saying i was trying to avoid food, this i had to try.. and im really glad i did! It really tasted healthy since it was all seafood and it even had green mangoes and lettuce! And as one of the first people to try out this sandwich, i would recommend it to all beings on this earth! it was filipino, simple, and on the budget! AWESOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment