Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Why is it more fun in the Philippines?


It is more fun in the Philippines because we really have strong family ties. 'I’d rather lock myself up in my room than bond with my family the whole day,' that would probably be my answer if you ask me five years ago what I like to do during Sundays. I can relate to one of the cute commercials of Mcdonald’s in 2010 entitled “Tween.”
I didn’t want my parents to be too much involved in the things I do back then, just like him. Well, I kind of regret it but I probably think that it is part of growing up. (Maybe? Hehehe!) But nowadays, most people, including me, consider Sunday as a sacred day intended for family only. Although there is no specific itinerary for Sundays, I just find it really fulfilling being with them and enjoying ourselves even if we simply watch television or talk about things. It does not matter where we are or what we do, it is all about spending time with the people you love which makes the experience extraordinary.

When I watch documentaries and commercials of OFWs, it proves how important family ties are to Filipinos. They would try their very best just to be able to fly to the Philippines in time for birthdays, anniversaries and most especially Christmas. These events are more enjoyed if it is shared with the people you love. I would like to share the latest commercial of Coke which is really moving. It does not highlight the product, rather the feeling of genuine happiness when the grandfather was able to see his granddaughter’s newborn. Bottomline: this is such an awesome video! I hope you like it! J
-Meg Rementina


No comments:

Post a Comment