Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Meg's Food Review :)


FANCYLOG
I think from the very start, we all agreed to keep the sandwich as Pinoy as possible. We thought of including tuyo and beef tapa but we decided to use tocino and sausages instead. We added a twist to our sandwich by integrating French elements, care of Lou J, such as baguette and tapenade. I was actually quite worried that the French and Pinoy flavors won’t really work because I haven’t tasted tapenade before but I trust by groupmates so we went with it. Compared to other groups, I guess ours is the most complicated one because of the tapenade made by Lou. One must really have a background and a good palate to get the exact flavor of the tapenade. It is not one of the easiest sandwiches to make at home, but it is definitely worth trying for.
We were actually excited about this exercise because we wanted to experiment on different ingredients and we wanted it to stand out from the rest – and it did! J


FILI(PINO) CHEESE STEAK
I really liked the simplicity of the sandwich. The ingredients are easily available and it doesn’t take much time in preparing it. The melted cheese on top made it look really tasty but I didn’t really tasted it, probably if they used other brand of cheese with stronger taste, the saltyness of the longganisa and the sweetness would complement one another.


THE BREAKFAST CLUB
From the looks of the sandwich, I  think has the most colorful ingredients – which is actually good because it made me want to eat it. It was my first time seeing and tasting a sandwich with avocado on it. I though avocados are only meant to be eaten individually as dessert. Honestly, I am not a fan of the sandwich maybe because it was new to me and I am not really a fan of avocados . But I applaud them for taking a risk and introducing me to another variety of sandwich. J


RED LIGHT DISTRICT
Compared to the other groups’ sandwiches, this is my favorite. At first, I wasn’t sure whether the sweet donut will go together with the saltyness of the beef patty. It was actually good and very tasty. I was quite surprised that the flavors didn’t overpower one another. I would definitely try this at home and serve this to my family and friends! J

NA-COCO-LOKO SANDWICH
I really appreciated the group’s effort to create a unique sandwich. It was my first time tasting coco jam together with ham, cheese and lettuce. I think the ham lacked flavor because the sweetness of the jam and the bitterness of the lettuce are the only elements that I was able to get from it. But the fact that they tried to integrate German elements to their sandwich made it special.

THE BUFF DUDE
The sandwich had several ingredients (bacon, spam, peanut butter, mustard, ketchup, etc.). I think these are the kind of sandwiches buff men would like because of the meat overload. Hehe! I think overall, the sandwich tasted and looked good. I wouldn’t change a thing about it. The ingredients tasted well with one another.


CHEF EDWARD’S SANDWICH
From the looks and the ingredients of the sandwich, one would probably say that it costs much but I think the knowledge and the creativity of the chef is more important in determining whether it is a good sandwich or not. Chef Edward used ingredients which are typically used only for viands such as the sweet and spicy dilis and Japanese caviar. Yes, the sandwich is easy to make at home but requires skills and creativity before one could make it look really remarkable and mouthwatering at the same time. J

-Meg Rementina



No comments:

Post a Comment